Sunday, December 11, 2005

Saif wasn't drunk, say cops

Saif wasn't drunk, say cops
Mayank Soni, December 11, 2005

On Friday evening at about 4:45 pm, Saif Ali Khan drove over the foot of a Shakeel Shaikh (13) outside the Bhavan’s ground at DN Nagar, while returning from his rehearsals for the MTV Immies. Shaikh had minor injuries, but was advised a month of bed rest.

Khan (who was at the police station on Friday from 12 am to 1:30 am) says, “I was just returning from the MTV rehearsals when the boy suddenly came in front of my car. I applied the brakes, but the tyre stopped on the boy’s foot. I immediately came out and rushed him to Arogya Nidhi hospital.

He has suffered a hairline fracture. I have taken care of his hospital bill and will also pay for other medical expenses. After seeing that the boy was fine, I myself went and surrendered to the D N Nagar police station at 7 pm. I was not driving fast or anything; it was just an unfortunate accident.”

Shaikh was on his way to pick up his young cousin from the municipal school when the incident occured. “I saw the car stop so went on to cross the road, but suddenly it started and the car’s tyre ran over my left foot.

Seeing me cry out, Saif immediately rushed me to the nearby hospital in his car. Saif stayed for an hour at the hospital. He only left after enquiring about my health. Doctors have said that I have to take bed rest for a month.”

Khan was driving a silver-coloured Lexus. Inspector Pradeep Suryavanshi says, “Khan was released on bail of Rs 5,000. He has been asked to be present in the court on December 12. He was tested for alcohol, but the result was negative.”

Read the full article at : Saif wasn't drunk, say cops

No comments: